Day 01: Arrive Leh
Welcome on arrival at Leh Airport (3500 mt) and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free for high altitude acclimatization. In the afternoon proceed to visit Sankar Gompa, Shanti Stupa and later drop at the main Bazaar and walk down to the hotel.
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner Day 02: Leh Sightseeing
Morning after breakfast proceeds for sightseeing tour of Hemis, Shey and Thiksey monasteries.
SHEY: On the main road up the Indus, about 14 Km from Leh was the ancient capital of Ladakh. The monastery has a huge copper-giltimage of Sakyamuni and the large silver lamp burning in front of the statue. Other feature of this monastery is the fine wall paintings and murals. Though it bears the brunt of erlasting flame of butter lamps .
THIKSEY is one of the largest Gompa of Central Ladakh..The Monastery is actually a complex of buildings on a crag rising in tire upon tier above the village. The temple was dedicated by His Holiness Dalai in 1980 and houses an immense image of Maitreya in an unusual manifestation known as Chon-kor.
HEMIS: Hemis Monastery simply conjures up an image of magnificent snow covered peaks, alpine green valleys and high altitude passes. It reflects the Buddhist culture and living life in harmony among such harsh climatic conditions of Ladakh. There are a number of shrines around this great courtyard, all of them of considerable interest.
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch + DinnerDay 03: Leh - Stok - Manikarmo
After breakfast drive to Stok village and start trek to Manikarmo (4600 mt) .Witness once again to the barren mountain and wilderness, we trek up the Matho River Valley and set up camp after several hours. Overnight stay at Camp .
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch (Packed) + DinnerDay 04: Manikarmo - Base Camp
Morning after breakfast trek to reach Base Camp (5020 mt) . On arrival set the camp for overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch + DinnerDay 05: Base Camp - Advance Base Camp - Base Camp
Morning short walk till Advance Base Camp for acclimatization. Spend
some time near the glacier and return to Base Camp for overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch + DinnerDay 06: Base Camp - Summit Mt Stok Kangri - Base Camp Trek
Very early in the morning proceed to summit Mt Stok Khangri (6150 mt).From Summit one can see the Saser group in the Great Karakoram Range, where K2 lies. Leaving the peak and back to Base Camp. Overnight stay at Base Camp .
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch + DinnerDay 07: Base Camp - Stok - Leh
From base camp trek back to Stok via Manikarmo .Reach Stok and drive to Leh .Arrive Leh and check in to hotel for overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch (Packed) + DinnerDay 08: LEH
Day reserve for summit or relaxation in Leh.
Meal Plan: Breakfast + Lunch + DinnerDay 09: Leh Departure
Morning after an early breakfast, we will transfer you to the airport to board flight to Delhi.
- Accommodation on Dbl / Twin Sharing Rooms in the following hotels or Similar as per meal plan indicated from Leh onwards.
- Accommodation in Tents during Approach March and at Base Camp i.e. Sgl tent for each person.
- Transportation by Non-AC Jeeps in Mountain areas as per the program.
- One English Speaking Escort to remain with the team and also escort them up to Base Camp.
- One High Altitude Guide help during the climb.
- Complete kitchen and camp equipments including camp staff.
- Transportation of Members' luggage maximum 20 Kgs per person up-to Advance Base Camp.
Note : Please ensure that your members are covered under Insurance as per your Government Rules.
Price doesn't Includes:
- Personal clothing and gears required for climbing by the clients
- Personal expenses such as table drinks, rooms services items, laundry, telephone calls at hotels or tips etc.
- High altitude food (Above base camp)
- High altitude porter.
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for disturbance in trip program due to or circumstances, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
- Camera Fees.
- Any Cargo and Shipment Charges (Import and Custom Clearance)
- Personal Belongings such as Sleeping Bags, walking sticks etc.
Please ensure your insurance covers you for the heights you are likely to attain, and for helicopter rescue and when you have chosen and booked your insurance, please provide SHIKHAR TRAVELS with your Insurers name, their 24 hour emergency telephone number and your Policy number with them.Remember, your insurance is not worth the paper it's written on if we don't know the details and you need their assistance.
Note:- We will provide the accommodation and transportation services from Leh to Leh for Mt Kun fixed departure expedition